Thursday, 13 October 2011

My Favorite Holiday

Mexican people have their own holidays, and I really love all of them, but I  think that the most wonderful holiday that we have is the Day of the Dead. I really enjoy that because you can share with your family that day. Everybody stays with their family and remember their relatives that died. On this day, Mexican families go to cemeteries, visiting the graves of their relatives and cleaning the tombstones, they put flower, Zempasuchil is the name for these flowers. Also at home, Mexican families make special altars dedicated to dead relatives. You can make this simple or very elaborate if you choose. Usually filled with objects that gave pleasure in live to the dead person, including food and favorite beverage. In the schools a group of students compete to make an altars, they have a jury so they decide who team is the winner. You can make an altar for whatever person that you want it, you can choose a relative or a actor that died. I enjoy more that because the weather in this time is really nice, not to cold but no to warm, and you can found traditional food like chocolate, atole, tamales, tacos, elotes, that makes you feel in a good time

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a really interesting day. Unfortunately in Canada we don't really have a holiday to remember relatives who died. The traditional foods sound delicious as well!

    Corrections:
    Mexican people have their own holidays, and I really love all of them, but i think that the most wonderful holiday that we have is the Day of the Dead.

    Everyone stays with their family and remembers their relatives that died.

    ReplyDelete